Dental Hygienist or Hygiene Therapist– Maternity Cover + 1 day p/w in fully private practice
one80 Dental is a fully private, independently owned, and well-established dental practice based in Sheffield. Our Practice brings together an excellent team of dental professionals and a diverse group of specialists, who are passionate about dentistry and enthusiastic about providing innovative dental treatments. We have built a reputation across the region for providing high quality, conservative and long-term dental solutions for our patients.
The Practice is equipped to a high standard including dedicated treatment rooms for many aspects of dental treatment and therapies including Implant Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Endodontics and General Dentistry. We are at the forefront of modern dentistry and use digital intra-oral, and extra-oral radiography (OPT and CBCT), 3D scanning and AI to support our treatment planning as standard. We have air change ventilation systems installed in our hygienist surgeries reducing fallow time.
We are a specialist referral centre working regularly with our dental colleagues to support them in the treatment of their own patients. In addition, we regularly provide in-house education via training courses and seminars, one-to-one teaching, and mentoring. We are also the training and knowledge hub for the region for providing behavioural and cognitive therapies in the dental setting which is led by a dedicated clinical psychologist and his team. Please visit our website to find out more: www.one80dental.co.uk
The Role & You
- Opportunity to work in a modern, forward-thinking practice, flexible hours, and clinical freedom
- Excellent private income potential, and due to launch membership plans for existing and new patients
- We are looking for an enthusiastic dental hygienist to work in collaboration with our clinicians to help support and educate patients to achieve and maintain excellent oral health.
- Supported by clinician with special interest in Periodontics, and experienced hygienist team members
- Excellent communication with both patients and colleagues as well as a patient-centred approach is essential
- Part time role 2 days per week initially. 1 day to cover maternity leave.
- Keen to build upon our existing hygienist workload
- You will be working as part of a diverse, experienced team including Specialists, Clinicians with special interests and an established experienced hygienist team. The periodontal service is led by Dr Tawfiqur Rahman.
- Start date: Anticipated October / November 2021
- Days Available: Monday, Tuesday, some Wednesdays & Thursday late finish (until 18:30), Friday, and Saturday mornings
- Active GDC registration, valid indemnity insurance, and proof of right to work in the UK
- Appropriate Hygienist qualification
- A proactive attitude and strong teamwork ethic
- Patient-centric approach with patients
- Experience of supporting complex dentistry including caring for dental implants and orthodontics
- Experience of use of PERIOFlow and AIRFlow by EMS
Part-time independent contractor
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV and a covering letter/email to email@example.com