Jaw Joint/Tooth Grinding
Jaw pain, clenching and grinding of teeth are common problems, often related to stress, which can cause tooth damage and painful symptoms that affect overall quality of life.
Often considered under the general term Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD). At one80dental we have an in depth understanding of TMD because jaw problems are often a factor in the complex cases our specialists handle.
NHS research shows that up to a quarter of adults suffer from pain associated with TMD, which means they suffer from one or more of these symptoms:
- Teeth grinding or jaw clenching
- Pain in the chewing muscles and/or jaw joint soreness
- Radiating pain in the face, jaw or neck
- Jaw muscle pain or stiffness
- Aching pain in and around ears
- Limited movement or locking jaw
- Painful jaw clicking or popping when opening or closing the mouth
- Headaches or migraines
- A change in the way the upper and lower teeth fit together
Find out more on Dental Behavioral Management here.