EMS Air-Flow® Therapy
Brighter, healthier smiles
At one80 Dental we offer our patients treatment with the renowned EMS Air-Flow®system. This advanced system helps to brighten, freshen and protect your smile it is particularly effective in the management of gum disease and leaves you with a clean feeling after every visit.
How does Air-Flow® work?
The EMS Airflow system is a dental hygiene treatment that efficiently and gently removes stains, plaque biofilm and calculus using a high-powered antibacterial stream of water, compressed air and fine powder particles. This almost ‘no touch’ treatment is pain-free and non-invasive and is recognised as one of the most effective methods of tooth cleaning and stain removal.
The innovative spray technology removes damaging plaque biofilm that develops above and below the gumline to improve your oral health and can access all the hard to reach areas in your mouth, including deep pockets that may have formed due to gum disease. In addition, the specially formulated powders provide a high standard of cleanliness and can remove even the most persistent stains, including those caused by coffee, tobacco, red wine and some medications.
Airflow polishing can be repeated regularly and is suitable for both adults and children. It can also be used on restorations such as crowns, veneers, bridgework and dentures, and is particularly effective in the management of dental implants, patients with sensitive teeth and patients undergoing orthodontic treatment.
Benefits of the Air-Flow® System
- It can easily remove plaque biofilm, calculus and staining much faster than a traditional scale and polish
- Minimally invasive, pain-free and gentle treatment, making for a much more comfortable experience
- Efficiently supports the management and treatment of gum (periodontal) disease.
- Helps to prevent caries, gingivitis and periodontitis (gum disease)
- The temperature of the water stream can be adjusted for patients who have sensitive teeth
- It can be used on veneers, crowns, bridges and dental implants, and to help support complex dental treatments.
- It is an ideal option for children and elderly patients.
- Can support whitening procedures by removing build-up that could hinder the effects of bleaching
- The specially formulated powders used also come in different flavours, why not try a different one each time you visit? Just let your dental hygienist know during your appointment.