What are the benefits of dental implants?
- They look and feel like natural teeth restoring your natural smile.
- They avoid damaging adjacent or remaining healthy teeth.
- You can go back to a full diet, enjoying all the foods you love without worrying about your teeth.
- Implants are fixed and fitted precisely – so you can laugh and smile again with total confidence.
- They prevent bone loss in the area of any missing teeth.
- They last a lifetime- if maintained correctly.
Missing teeth – they can be a real headache
Having one or more missing teeth can have a significant impact on people’s physical and mental health. On the psychological side, if you’ve lost one or more teeth, it can really affect your self-esteem, confidence and overall enjoyment of life. No one should be afraid to smile or laugh.
Teeth can drift and move position in the mouth to make up for the missing teeth, resulting in a disrupted natural bite, tension headaches as well as difficulties in brushing leaving you susceptible to dental decay, gum disease or oral infections.
Associated bone loss in the jaw can also occur during or just after tooth extraction, as well as natural shrinkage of bone in the area where a tooth once was.
Am I suitable for dental implants?
Almost everyone who has lost a tooth, several teeth or even all of them is a candidate for dental implants. If you’ve been advised that you can’t have them because of a complex medical history, have high blood pressure, diabetes, osteoporosis or do not have enough remaining jaw bone all is not lost.
Here at One80 Dental we have a reputation for finding solutions even in the most complicated cases. Our specialist team has a wealth of knowledge and use advanced techniques to help give our patients the best possible outcomes.
How successful are dental implants?
We only use well-researched, respected, quality implant systems and components. Nobel Biocare is our implant system of choice and we have been using them for more than 20 years. They also offer a lifelong guarantee on all components. With more than four decades of clinical experience and over a million patients treated worldwide, statistics confirm the success rate of 95% for single teeth and close to 100% for implant bridges using Nobel Biocare implants.
Will the surgery hurt?
No. Our patients are often surprised at how little discomfort they experience during and after implant procedures.
The procedures can be carried out using a local anaesthetic to keep your comfortable and sedation is also available if you are concerned about any aspect of the surgery. Our team will take good care of you throughout your treatment and will listen to any worries or concerns you may have.
How long will the treatment take?
For routine cases, it’s normally between 3 – 6 months. In more complex cases involving the replacement of several teeth or bone regeneration, treatment can take longer, with some lasting up to 12 months.
How much do dental implants cost?
We provide individual treatment plans based on your individual needs. The cost of treatment will therefore be outlined to you after your initial consultation and assessment and depending on any complexities, the costs may vary. As a guide please visit our Fees page.
Throughout your treatment we will be clear with you about costs, what to expect and when to make payment(s). To help spread the costs for complex cases we offer individual payment plans or 0% Finance.
What should I look for in an implant dentist?
We know that making the decision to have advanced dental treatment, such as implants, is a big one – both financially and personally.
At One80 Dental we advise anyone thinking about starting this journey to a better smile to make a check-list before coming to a final decision:
- Check the credentials, training and experience of the dentist and surgeon, the components being used and the length of available aftercare and support.
- Is the implant surgeon part of a core team and is he or she based in clinic and available to offer any pre and post treatment support?
- Try to visit any practice you like the look of; talk to the team and get a feel of the place. Is it somewhere you feel comfortable in?
- Check any before and after images carefully. Our advice is, if you can see the gum line on ‘after’ photos, look to see if the artificial tooth appears to come through it, like a natural tooth.
Here at one80 Dental we offer free appointments with a dedicated treatment plan adviser who will go through every aspect of the process – from what the treatment will involve through to finance – so you know exactly what to expect.
We take great care to fully assess your needs when you first visit us, using digital technology to help understand the cause of your issues. We take the time to discuss our findings in detail with you and will clearly outline the options available.
Make an appointment today with our Treatment advisors to find out more and to chat about your options. Call us on 0114 350 3180.
And click here to meet you hugely experienced Implant Surgeon Nigel Rosenbaum.